View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Friday, January 22, 2010

Thursday January 21

It has been a very busy couple of days and I decided I had better post while I still remember everything--well most of it any way.
Tuesday Roger & Mary, Teamwork invited us and six other friends to go with them for the day on their catamaran. The day was what they call a Chamber Of Commerce day here. It was sunny, warm --not hot just comfortable and next to no wind. The water was a like an aquarium.
First we traveled south. We found an area that had a sunken barge and after idling over it a few times to see so many beautiful fish, Roger shut the engines off and we did a very slow drift about while we had a great lunch.
Next we cruised to the opening to the ocean at Tiloo Cut. The water was flat calm. Then we did a leisure cruise to Hopetown, up both creeks and around the anchorage. We turned to Sugarloaf Cay and headed slowly back home --what a beautiful day and great friends.
Wednesday it was up early to be on John Henry before departure at 8AM to join 20 other great friends for a full day of great fishing and cruising out on the ocean. A table piled high with food and flat calm seas kept everybodys tummys full all day -- we had to chum with pieces of bate.
A tired bunch arrived home at 5:00 but not too tired to head to Mango's for all you can eat $5 pizza night.
Today Paul & I started the day off with by going to Yoga. This was Paul's first time and he is hooked already.
This afternoon I went to basket class. I am doing a little --very little, bit better. I am still slower than molasses.
This evening was our BIG fish fry. I think Wilma said we had 62 fish -- lots of strawberry grouper, red grouper, trigger fish and I can't remember what other kinds but I will remember the good eating for a long time. We also had french fries, regular and sweet potato, cole slaw and hush puppies. What a feast!
I will try to post some pictures.

No comments: