View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Monday January 18

This past week has been a busy one. We had a few really cold days and now the nice weather is back -- little windy bit warm thank goodness. We are here because it is suppose to be warm here - somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature. We were much better off than Florida where it was real cold-- freezing.
Last Tuesday was the big RMHYC Chili Cook off. Paul spent most of the day getting the bar set up.
Jerry Jerele joined us as our guest for the evening. The chili cook off is nice but probably what I would call our least fun. It doesn't last long and no music or dancing so a lot less socializing which is what I like about our "socials".
Wednesday Wink, Wilma, Paul & I took Wink's skiff to Sea Spray. We walked the beach for an hour or so -- got some shells and sea glass then had dinner at Sea Spray.
We made it home in time to go to Pizza night at Mangos. It was all you can eat pizza for $5 which is not a common practice in the Bahamas. There were about 60 Yacht Club people there and it was a real good time. I did get my socializing in.
Thursday I went to basket class - I think I may be flunking basket making 101. I worked the entire class and only got a small amount done BUT I think I finally have the hang of it-- just slow.
Paul & Wink went out lobstering. The water was still pretty cold.
We went to Wink & Wilma's for dinner. I made pecan rolls,per Winks request, for dessert. Wilma fixed fish and made her famous hush puppies.
Friday January 15 was Janet's 40th birthday. I sent her an "Eventogram". I found it on line. It is a framed poster of things that happened on her birthday January 15 1970. I also sent her 4 dozen roses. She called to thank me and to ask if it was a dozen for every ten years or did I think she was 48. I told her to give 8 to Ken and keep the 40 - one for each year. Then I told her about the problem I had trying to order 40. The first place I tried did not deliver out in the country where she lives. The second place I could order 2 groups of 20 but they wanted to charge shipping and handling on each so it was cheaper to send her 4 dozen so that's what I did. She is enjoying them all and also another dozen she got later from Ken I think.
Friday I went out with the walkers but I ran most of the way back. I have not been running much at all and it felt good to stretch out a little.
Sidonia came over to the boat to help give me a little one on one basket teaching. I am doing better now but still very slow.
I went to a meeting with Everett the resort restaurant manager about the menu for the Commodores Ball.
Saturday evening was a Happy Hour on dock 4. I made a caramel dip and put it over cut up apples. Paul always wants to eat after our happy hours. I eat enough at the happy hour to do me -- and maybe do me in but I still cooked pork chops and made a rice dish for dinner.
Sunday Paul & I went for a long walk. The walking group does not usually walk on Sunday but when I can get Paul to go I go. We walked Eastern Shore then in to town then the Abaco Club. A nice long walk.
Today I went to stitch & bitch. I took my basket to work on. It was a good thing there was a lot of good "conversation" today which gave me less time to work on my basket. I cannot work & talk at the same time. By 2:30 I ran out of patience with my basket. Susan offered to bring me home but I NEEDED to walk my frustration out.
Fred & Sidonia are in Florida picking up their big boat which was shipped to Ft Lauderdale from Washington State. They are going to bring it over here and their son is coming to pick up their "small" boat ( a 40 ft Sea Ray). But when Sidonia gets back I am sure she will give me some more personal tutoring to try to keep me from flunking basket making 101.

No comments: