View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday January 11

My blog has taken a back seat to my "farm". I spend my spare time on my farm (Farmville on Facebook) and that does not leave me enough time to write my blog.
Don't know what I will do if my Internet goes down and I can not do my farming.
Thursday Jan 7 was "the Doug Fay Party". This is the second year Doug has invited his Yacht club friends to his beautiful home on Eastern Shore for the very best party. He provides everything and I do mean everything. We had stone crab, shrimp(the biggest and best ever), tuna kabobs,chicken kabobs, beef kabobs, big fruit tray, big vegetable tray, a chocolate fountain with chocolate fudge, conch fritters as good as mine and I think I make the best, 2 full bars and a big birthday cake for Paul. The only BAD thing he had was Cuban cigars ugh.
Now this was not for just a few people, there were about 130 people. The weather was not good most of the week but I don't know how Doug did it, but the weather was perfect also with one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. About a quarter of the western sky was the most beautiful red -- perfect ending for a perfect party.
Friday was my sweethearts birthday. Happy Birthday honey. Now I can tease him, for 4 months and 1 week, about how much older than me that he is.
He and Wink went out lobstering. They did not do very well because the water has turned cold. They got one lobstr and a few fish. He and Wink were both cold when they got home. Paul took a LONG hot shower and a nap.
Judy Law baked him a German chocolate birthday cake. Roger Comer another fellow on our dock had a birthday 2 days ago so I baked a red cake for him. We had a BIG dock party. I thought people might be partied out but the only no show was Roger's wife who was not feeling well, I think she partied a little too hearty last night.
Paul always insist he doesn't want "a" party. So he did not have "a" party. He had 2 parties. I think he gave up objecting this year and just thoroughly enjoy both parties.
Saturday it rained most of the day. We ended up turning our heat on. Paul and I neither one could remember when we had the heat on in the boat last --several years.
We have used the little space heater a couple of times and I use my electric blanket a lot but to have one of the big heaters on ( we have 3 reverse cycle heaters) it has been a long time since we have been in weather this cold. The temp got down to 54with a chill factor about 50. Somehow Janet is not offering me much sympathy --The chill factor in Ohio is single digits with LOTS of snow.
Saturday evening despite the rain and cold Jonathan, Judie, Paul and I walked over to dock 7 to Chris & Sandy's boat (Critcher Cat) for a wonderful prime rib dinner -great dinner Chris.
After dinner we played a fun new game --don't know the name of it.
Yesterday --Sunday. The scooter is not running right and it has been too cold for Paul to work on it so he and I walked into town to the grocery store. We didn't really have to have anything but it was nice for us to walk together to the store. He goes by himself on the scooter most of the time. I enjoyed just browsing around-- didn't buy much.
We invited Tom & Linda Thompson (Tomlin Too) and Roger & Mary Comer(Teamwork) for dinner. I spent most of Sunday afternoon cooking. Jerry Jerele just got into town from Florida and came by for a visit. I invited him to join us for dinner also but he said he had already eaten and was going to Curly Tails to watch the football play offs. He is headed up to Treasurer Cay and Green Turtle Cay for a week.
Just as we were setting down to dinner Fran & Tony (Touralou, the boat next to us)got back to their boat. They have been gone for over a month. I invited them to join us also so we had 8 for dinner. It was cozy but I had plenty of food and I think a good time was had by all.
This morning I attended a planning meeting for an up coming rendezvous came home long enough to grab a pepsi and head for Stitch & Bitch. We are still working on the decorations for the Commodores Ball.
I am trying to get some rest tonight because tomorrow is the BIG RMHYC (our yacht club) chili cookoff. I spent most of last Saturday afternoon working on printing off the certificates for the winners. I had to set my new printer up to work on my desk top computer. I have been putting that off because the manual for the DELL printer(take note people a DELL printer) is in, I think, it is French. I wrote Dell shortly after I got it and they said they do not have the manual in English but that I could print it off from the Internet. My BIG mistake was not shipping it right back to DELL. Don't get me started on that company -- it makes my blood boil.
So on that bad note I will end for tonight.
Stay warm!

No comments: