View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan 6

Wow this is the coldest we have ever seen here in the Bahamas. Temps got down in the LOW 50s last night. I had my electric blanket on.For once I appreciated my "personal summers". I used them for my nightly trips to the bathroom and I didn't mind the cold.
I am having trouble keeping my days straight -- Friday had to be a weekend day so how did Saturday & Sunday get in there?
Don't remember what happened to Saturday but Sunday was a BIG day. Big because I was very happy to see Jonathan & Judie, DoubleJJ arrive. We traveled together for almost 2 years and now it has been over a year since we saw them so it was wonderful to see them and their new addition Jamie the kitten.
They were traveling with Chris, Sandy & Sammie(dog)on Critcher Cat. They have had a long rough trip and I knew they were tired so I fixed dinner for them.
Monday I went to stitch & bitch. We worked on table decorations for the Commodores Ball.
A cold front came through Sunday night and has been getting colder everyday. Last night was the coldest. It is VERY cold in Florida and farther north is getting blasted with snow so I guess we are lucky. I just have to keep telling myself that as I snuggle deeper under my electric blanket.
Monday I cooked the left over ham bone from New Year Eve and made bean soup. Wink & Wilma came for dinner. So tonight Wink cooked chili and we went over there. I took peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
I went to basket class today. The baskets we are learning to make are very nice BUT mine will take forever. It is a slow process and I am even slower at it. It gives me much more of an appreciation for the basket I say in Charleston SC that I thought were so expensive- the labor alone was worth a lot then if the person was as slow as I am --my they had hundreds of dollars in labor.
I can't get my farm on Facebook to load so this gave me a chance to catch up on my blog.
Good night and stay warm which is what I am trying to do.

No comments: