View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Monday, January 5, 2009

Nippers & "catch up"

We had planned to take the dinghies to Pete's Pub since it was such a beautiful day but when Bob from Shade Mor, A 65 Hatteras, called and ask us to join them and about 35 others to go to Nippers we jumped at the chance.
It was an absolutely gorgeous day. The trip up and back was fantastic. Paul & I both had grouper fingers and fries then I headed for the beach. The beach is so beautiful there. But all too soon it was time to head back.
Now as I promised back to my update:
We left Brunswick mid September for Green Cove Springs. We hated to leave our good friends Fred & Judy but we headed for our good friends Wink & Wilma in Green Cove Springs.
Steve & Marilyn, more good friends, once again, gave us their car to use while we were in Green Cove Springs. It was a BIG help.
I went to Solomons Maryland to work the Charter Booth for Mirage. It was a lot of fun and the big bonus was the great dinners every night -- oh no there went the diet.
I flew up and back with Eric Kraft. We spent the first night with Bruce & Joan, GH Forever 39. I stayed in The Holiday Inn in Solomons. Joe & Punk Pica had their boat N37 Carolyn Ann in the show. Everynight we all went NICE places for dinner.
When I got back to Green Cove I started my provisioning ( and got back to running) for the Bahamas.
On Oct 17 I flew to Columbus. Janet & I went to Pittsburgh to see Kris & John then on to Moundsville to visit with my Mom. We spent the night with my brother Roger.
On Monday I went to Nelsonville for my Mammogram and to visit with my friends at Nelsonville.
Tuesday I flew back to Florida. In Atlanta I met up with Charlie Corkum who is going to travel with us again this year to The Bahamas. He has a house on Man O War.
After more provisioning we left Green Cove Springs and headed for the ICW and then south to West Palm Beach.
We stopped in Vero Beach. Paul & Connie, GH The Rose, drove down and we all went to dinner.
We spent 3 days in West Palm. We had dinner with friends Margo & Dennis & Susan.
Margo took me shopping -- more provisioing. Now provisioning isn't really THAT big of a deal but as long as I can squeeze more things in I keep adding. I think this year with all our "stuff" and all of Charlies "stuff" we were maxed out -NO MORE ROOM. So it was time to leave.
The evening on Nov 6 GH47s John Henry & Pokey arrived in Lake Worth. We moved to the south anchorage.
At 4AM on Nov 7 we headed for the Bahamas. The crossing started with rollers but got better the farther we went. When we got to The Bahama Bank about 11 it was beautiful as always.
We anchored at Great Sale Cay for a beautiful night.
We went to Spanish Cay to clear Customs and Immigration. Wink & Wilma, John Henry, decided to stay a few days.
Tim & Becky, Pokey, followed us on down through Don't Rock then we suugested they go into Treasurer Cay because we were going on to Man O War but it would be after dark before we got there. We have been there enough times and we are going to Charlies dock so Paul felt comfortable traveling after dark.
We spent several days at Man O War. We met up with Roger and Jeanie and had lunch at Hibiscus Cafe. I got a small Man O War fix.
We came to Boat Harbour Nov 15. Wink & Wilma joined us the next day.
There were only a few boats here when we arrived but more arrived almost everyday.
Janet & Ken came for Thanksgiving.
Fred & Judy, Amarse, Fred & Sherrie, Chipka Fire also came in that week so we all had Thanksgiving dinner on John Henry -- 10 of us. A great dinner.
Janet & Ken went diving one day, lobstering with Paul & Wink one day, then to Elbow Cay for a couple of days. They had spent part, the good part, of their honeymoon there. On their last day here we all went to Nippers on Shade Mor with about 40 other people.
We had a good but all too short visit.
Our walking group here is very active now that we have lots of boats. One morning we had 21. I run about every other day. My time is finally down to the best it has been for several years. My best for the 5 miles is 45.33. Wilma is running some with me and we walk with Judy some. We also have water arobics 3 day a week -- I have only made it once because I got really cold. The pool is not heated nearly enough for me- but I guess I will give it another shot.
The Yacht Club had a very nice Christmas Party.
We have "happy hour" on our dock about 3 nights a week.
We had a nice Christmas -- only 8 of us on John Henry. We had an "all marina" party on Christmas Eve then a dock 4 happy hour at noon on Christmas Day so our dinner for 8 at 5 pm seemed quiet.
Paul out did himself, and our budget, for Christmas. He got me a gold sea horse necklace that I had admired at Abaco Gold and also a pair of conch shell earrings that I have been lusting over for about 2 years.
Paul & Wink have been doing really well getting lobster this year. We have had lobster about 6 times. Wink is good a getting fish also and I have really enjoy the fish also.
I guess that just about brings us up to date. I will try to add some pictures.
My post from now on will be MUCH shorter.

No comments: