View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Big Day

Today was such a busy but really fun day.
I was up early because today was my day to anchor the Yacht Club morning meeting.
I had to pass my run for today to get ready to go sailboat racing.
Wally has a 40 ft sailboat and this is the third time I have gone racing with him.
My "official" job is spotting the markers. We had a little rain squall pass over just after we left the marina. The wind died down to 10-15 for about the first hour of the race. We crossed the starting line about mid pack. Finally the wind picked back up and we started moving up. We were a close third across the finish line. If we had had another leg we may have been first. Tomorrow we will find out our official finish
after the handicaps are figured in. I had a blast.
I got home in time to take a shower and change to head out Eastern Shore to Slip Away for Doug Fays "first annual New Years celebration". We had about 30 people walking from Boat Harbour -about 1 1/2 miles. Doug has a beautiful BIG house. He really layed out a spread. There were 3 bars set up with all kinds of drinks. I had a wonderful pina colada- no mix -all fresh.
There were fruit and vegetable trays out in several places. Next came grilled beef or chicken kabobs. Then several large trays of fresh shrimp. Next was stone crab claws then cups of conch salad then conch fritters. Somewhere along the line some little fruit pastries show up. Music was a Bahamian musician with good music. I danced some. Paul did dance with me twice. He does better after a few drinks.
Then Doug brought out big sheet cake and everybody sang happy birthday to Paul- tomorrow is his birthday.
We had over 100 people. I handled the reservations.
We were going to walk home but when friends had several extra seats in their van we rode home.
What a great Day! Pictures to follow

No comments: