View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Friday, December 11, 2009

December 10

I have been doing the morning walk everyday. I did water aerobics one day. The pool was TOOOO cold. I have been told SEVERAL times the pool is heated up now but I have not made it back yet. I also went to Yoga one day. I enjoyed it but somehow have not made it back to Yoga YET.
Now I have really screwed up the days on this posting. That would not happen if I posted everyday and also I am sure I have forgotten many things because we are "on the go" all day everyday.
I did make it to Church here last Sunday. Here in Marsh Harbour I go to the Presbyterian Church. We do not have a regular Minister at this time so Vernon Malone came over from Hopetown to do our service. Vernon is the Minister who performed Janet & Kens wedding ceremony. I enjoy him. Also, our Church is meeting in the local high school while we build our own building. We are having a Christmas luncheon fundraiser this next Sunday that Paul & I are helping with. The Church had the same thing last year. I was sick but had promised to help. Paul went in my place. They said he was such a big help they wanted him again this year -- guess there is more than one way to get him to church.
Sunday evening after one of our rare dinners alone on the boat and I finished up the lobster bisque we went to John Henry to play Apples to Apples with a large group of our friends.
I went to Stitch & Bitch on Monday Dec 7. I finished my Christmas apron I had
started when I came over from Man O War several weeks ago. I also gave a box making demonstration. I make my own boxes for the jewelry I make.
Paul & Wink went lobstering again. They got several lobster that we put in the freezer because we ate the 10 poound grouper and some snapper for dinner. There was another interesting story on the Grouper -- in short-- it took a very colaberated effort by both Paul & Wink for more than 5 minutes to get the grouper from his hole after Wink shot him. Fred & Judy (Amarse) joined us for dinner that night.
In the 10 days we have been here at Boat Harbour Paul & I have had dinner alone here on our boat 2 evenings.
People who have never seen our life here ask what we do all day long -- actually if I was not addicted to Farmville on Facebook I would be better at posting to my blog and it would not be nearly so jumbled and not nearly so long.
Tuesday Dec 8 was a very busy day--all day. I had a Yacht Club Bridge meeting in the morning, Paul & I took the Dinghy to Sea Spray to meet Roger, Jeanie, Charlie, and 2 others friends for lunch and a little beach time (that means shelling to me).
I have a few pictures but I will just post them on the side because if I try to put them in now they will come at the top -- I have already screwed this up so much.
Tuesday evening was the Yacht Club Chrismas party here at the Resort. We had 116 people. We had to limit it to members only because we had it in the dining room and we exceeded the rooms capacity. Next year I will have to find another place to have it. I am the social chairman for the Yacht club.
Yesterday was sort of a lost day. I did a looong walk with the "fast" (that means in walking speed) men. We did an extra long walk to include the hill up to the Castle, down to the Sea Of Abaco, back up the big hill to the castle, down to Eastern Shore then clear out to the end of Eastern Shore and back. About 7 miles. Now if I had run that I would not have been so tired but since we were fast walking- with me needing to add frequent jogs to keep up, I was wiped out the rest of the day. I did stop on the way out the dock at a friends boat and visited too long. It was a very humid day and by the time I got my electrolyte replenisher I was already wasted. I somehow managed to get out my Chrismas tree and decorations -- which on our boat is a big deal because of all I have to move, now and again when I put them away, to get to the decorations.
Today Tim from the Great Harbour Pokie, Paul & I took Wink & Wilma's skiff and went to Man O War. We met Roger & Jeanie for lunch at The Hibiscus Cafe, went to the sail shop so Tim could get a new Shave bag as a gift for a friend, then to Pappy's Land for the grand tour.
We got home in time to get a quick shower and I made triscuit pizzas for happy hour on the dock. Our friend Susan came over to join us on the dock for the happy hour. She is leaving tomorrow to go back to the states for Christmas. We both felt bad we have not had the time to get together for our favorite game nights.
Friday Dec 4 Paul & Wink went off Lobstering. They got 7 lobsters and had several "interesting" stories. One of interest I will give the short version --They saw a big lobster, Wink shot and missed. After the water settled Paul shot and came back with just the head. They went to a couple other spots then a couple hours later Wink suggested they go back to look for the one they both had tried to get. Paul thought Wink was crazy but apologized when they got back to the spot and there was the dead lobster --in tact except for his head. It was the biggest one they got.
Wink set the tails aside and cooked the rest of the lobster to make a fabulous lobster bisque. I "helped" by cleaning out the lobster left in the legs which I promptly ate.
That night we invited Sherry & Fred from Chipka Fire to join Wink, Wilma, Paul & I for a wonderful dinner. I made brownies & baked potatoes. I was so full after my lobster fest (the legs)in the afternoon, the fabulous bisque, the biggest tail, a little bite of Sherrie's coleslaw and why on earth did I eat a baked potato, then brownies with whipped cream for dessert just about did me in -- what a way to go.
Now the reason we invited Fred & Sherrie is because last year Fred was the first to ask for the boat slip Wink & Wilma are in. When Wilma explained she needed that particular slip to get Sara (their dog) off the boat easily, Fred agreed to give them his slip for a payment of lobster once a month. So that was the November payment.
There was enough lobster left that Wink made lobster poorboys for dinner Saturday night for all of us to enjoy and he made the December payment.


Dec 1 We got settled into our slip then got ready for the first big happy hour on the dock,
Many of our friends are here already.
Heading across the Sea of Abaco.


Pulling away from the dock -- the umbilical cord will just not stretch far enough


Paul & Me on the boat getting ready to leave

Dec 1 arrived and I had been telling our firends at Boat Harbour we would be there on Dec 1. Paul & I both hated to leave Pappy's Land and I think Roger & Jeanie were sorry to see us go. Jeanie did take some nice pictures of our departure on an absolutely georgous day and the type of day I want to just cruise around forever.


When Paul & I first got to Pappy's Land we noticed a Gecko -- now I use that term for all the little curly tails, lizards and whatever else they are called, but anyhow this one cute little Gecko had lost his tail. Jeanie has been keeping me posted on the regrowth progress.


We had a perfectly georgous day shelling at "The Narrows" on Man O War. We found a bunch of empty Whelk shells that Jeanie & I have had so much fun with. Jeanie put them out by the bird feeder and keeps me posted on how many condos are "sold" and the "trade-ins".


Roger had to take Coho to Marsh Harbour to have some work done and Paul took our dinghy to go get him so Jeanie & I went shelling in Jeanie's little boat.


Another great Coho outing with Roger, Jeanie, Mary, Robert, Paul, me and of course cute little Sara who sat with me for the ride up to Spoil Cay better know as Shell Island because the many shells always there.
We packed a picnic lunch. Paul & Sara walked completely around the island -- it really isn't too big. I have been around the island but it takes me such a long time since when I am in shelling mode I cannot walk a straight line and as Paul says I get more sun on the back of my neck from looking down all the way. It is particularly hard on Shell Island because I am also vey busy trying to decide which are the most perfect shells to take.



I'm Sorry I still don't have the hang of it for posting pictures in the correct order.
Mary & I helped wiith the clean up for Thanksgiving dinner since Jeanie did most of the work with the fixins.


Roger & Jeanie hosted eight of us for Thanksgiving dinner. Jeanie cooked a beautiful turkey which tasted as good as it looked.

I promise I will be more faithfull and NOT screw up this blog so much again!!!

No comments: