View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Thursday, December 24, 2009

December 23

One full day until Christmas - boy it really sneaked up on me. I did not write my Christmas letter this year, first time in maybe 15 years -- can't remember when I first started writing my letters. I feel bad because I always enjoy getting them from other people and I like to hear what they have been doing.
Our friends on Critcher Cat picked up our mail in Green Cove Springs yesterday so I will get my cards when they come --hopefully next week.
I did run today. The weather is much cooler now. High in the daytime is only about 78 so it is great for running. The low is about 72 so still good for sleeping.
I spent most of the last 2 days baking pecan rolls & cookies and making fudge. Tradition here is to give friends a little something home made. That sounds great and I really enjoy baking but the bad part is I REALLY enjoy eating all the goodies we get.
Monday I got a permanent. I got one as a child but I think that is the only one I ever had. I decided I wanted a little bit of curl in my hair. I did not discuss it with Mr Graham first. He did not speak to me all day Monday. Now I did not get a bunch of kinky little curls but just some waves and a few little curls and getting fewer each time I wash my hair. I like it. Paul is starting to "adjust" I did not say like it I said adjust that means he is speaking to me.
Dock 4 went Christmas caroling today. We went to all the other docks, the office, the owners house and the bar --actually the bar was in the middle. Carl & Lois invited everybody back to their boat for "Christmas Cheer" afterwards. I came home since Paul didn't go and I knew he was waiting for his supper. I am trying to get in his good graces before Christmas.I don't want rocks in my stocking -- what stocking -- I just hope he gets me something. I bought him a pair of 18X50 stabilized binoculars. I ordered them, had them shipped to Paul Murgo in Melbourne Fl. Judy & Gene Koetitz, who recommended the binocs, picked them up and brought them over here for me. I know he will like them. He'll probably complain about the price but they will come in handy when we are traveling.
Our "family" here at Boat Harbour is having a big Christmas dinner. I am cooking 2 turkeys in my roaster. A couple people are bringing hams. It will be lots of fun.
I have a bunch more pictures to post. I will do that sometime -- I'll be sure to post one on my new due before it is all gone.
Happy holidays to ALL!

No comments: