View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Dec 13

Surprise 3 days and a new post. I need to keep this up so I can remember everything -- now I am not saying I am old just a little forgetful.
Friday I finished decorating my Christmas tree. It is a little lopsided-- well maybe a lot lopsided but I put some string on it to tie it up a and it looks somewhat better -- just crooked. I call it "eclectic" but I DO have a Christmas tree.
Sherrie & Fred (Chipka Fire) had a Hanukkah celebration and invited several people to help them celebrate. It is interesting to learn some of the traditions of other religions. They had the lighting of the first Menorah candle and served donuts and sweets as part of their tradition. Tradition also says they give their kids money -- we all tried to claim we were their children ---didn't work. I had not had a glazed donut in eons. Sherrie put them in the microwave and made them almost like Krispy Kremes
After we were stuffed with donuts and other sweets Wink, Wilma, Paul & I went to Tim's (Pokey) for dinner. Tim is a fantastic cook and the food was wonderful but oh was I stuffed.
Saturday Wink & Wilma rented a car. At 7:30 AM, yes I found out there is a 7:30 in the morning also, Wink took his "harem" to points south in Abaco to go shelling.
Shirley, Judy, Vanessa, Wilma and I had a great time -- Wink was very good and even helped-actually he got some better shells than I did. We made about 5 different stops, and had a nice picnic lunch.We stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I was exhausted -- probably from getting up to early.
I had time for a much needed shower but not a much needed nap before Paul & I went to have dinner with Dennis & Georgia (Njord). Georgia is a good cook and we had another fine dinner -- guess I was suppose to diet during the summer.
Sunday-- Today was our Church Christmas dinner. It was also a fund raiser for our building fund. Paul went early to help set things up.
Shade Mor took a group to Nippers today and we hated to miss all the fun but we had already committed to helping at Church.
Fred & Sidonia ( Double Trouble) came in today. Paul and I got home just in time to be the welcome committee of 2 with almost everyone else having gone to Nippers.
Paul & I had a SMALL dinner at home alone tonight.
I want to try to rest a little because several people are going over by dock 7 where it is darker to try to view the meteor showers and I want to go.
All for now

No comments: