View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday November 25

Boy time sure does fly. When I let this much time go by I know I forget a lot of things to post.
Last posting I was going to bed early so I would not miss the meteor shower. When I got in bed I looked up at the beautiful sky filled with beautiful stars. I tried opening the hatch over the bed a little wider. Paul said I was making too much noise. So, since the dinghy is down we have the whole back deck open -- what a good place to lay and look at the stars. I dug out my big foam mat I use to float on in the water. I got some sheets and a pillow and I was all set. My new bed was very comfortable with a nice cool breeze. The clouds started to roll in. I was not there more than 15 minutes until I could count a total of 4, yes four, stars. The sky was completely covered -- so much for the meteror shower.
Tuesday 11-17. Roger & Jeanie took us to the ferry dock. Paul & I took the ferry to Marsh Harbour. This is the first we have been on the ferry for a couple of years.
Susan picked us up at the ferry dock in Marsh.
We went to lunch at Jamies.
We went to Boat Harbour where Paul took off with Bob Williams to do his "bar tender
thing". Susan & I walked the docks. It sure was easy to visit everybody because there was only a half a dozen boats. Jim & Kathy Finn did come in while we were there. The boats are still just trickeling in.
Susan & I set the tables up for the Yacht Club social. Paul set his bar up.
We had a good turn out -- about 50 people. That is good for this time of year with so few boats here yet. It was mostly land people.
Susan, Paul & I tried playing a game of cards after we got back to her condo but we all -- including me, were too tired.
Wed. I went to Maxwells to do some grocery shopping.
Susan & I went to Ladies lunch at Wallys.
Paul took Susan's car to pick up Roger & Jeanie who came over with Coho then to the airport to pick up Robert & Mary who own Dragon Hill cottage here in Man O War.
They came back to Wally for lunch.
Paul took then all to the dock where Coho was then came back to Susans. Susan took Paul, me and all my groceries to Coho and we headed home to Man O War.
It took us a couple of days to recoup from the big trip to Marsh Harbour.
Thursday Roger had to take Coho to Hopetown to have a fuel shut off valve put on- a requirement for his Insurance. Jeanie & I went along for the beautiful ride. We had lunch at Hopetown Harbour Lodge. What a nice day.
Friday night Paul, Roger & Jeanie & I went to Dock & Dine for dinner.
Saturday Jeanie & I went to the fund raiser for the high school. It took about 5 minutes to see everything. The high school here is new. This is the second year for it and I think they are up to 3 students now.
Sunday I was going to Church but Judy Williams called and said they were taking a group on Shade Mor to Nippers so Paul & I took our dinghy from here - it was a beautiful day a a great dinghy ride up and back.
Several more boats have come in to Boat Harbour and it was good to see more of our friends.
Tuesday Roger, Jeanie, Mary,Robert, Paul & I took Coho to The Abaco Inn for lunch -- oh and how could I forget sweet little Sara. Great food, great company, great water trip. I will post the photos.
All for now.

No comments: