View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Dec 18

We are experiencing and I do mean experiencing our first cold front of the season. We have had heavy wind all day and heavy rain this evening. The temperature has only dropped to 75 but it feels pretty cool. Winds have been sustained in the upper 20 to mid 30s with higher gust -- glad we are tied to a dock. Most times I don't even think about being on a boat. The boat moves very little but right now it is moving a lot.
This week has been busy and also I did a lot of frittering away the time. Last I wrote about staying up to watch the meteor showers. I lasted about half an hour before the mosquitoes won. We did not used to have mosquitoes at all but it seems there are more every year. There was no breeze and it was too hot to cover up beside I did not think the meteor shower was all that great- most were so quick it was hard to see them.
I did walk with the group several times this week and then yesterday it was finally cool enough at 8AM to go running. I walked the last half mile of my 4 mile run.
We had a nice happy hour on the dock Tuesday evening to help Carl & Lois celebrate their 53 wedding anniversary.
Last night we had a small happy hour on Chipka Fire.
I made some jewelry this week to fill an order I had for 8 necklaces and 2 pairs of earrings.
Tuesday Paul & I took the dinghy out. We looked for lobster but it was too stirred up Paul said so we went to Tahiti Beach where we met up with a bunch more boaters from Boat Harbour. We enjoyed our picnic lunch and I shelled for a couple of hours. I enjoyed the dinghy ride on such a beautiful day.
I finished up my Christmas shopping on line. If I am going to write a Christmas letter I really need to get my behind in gear -- somehow I just don't have the Christmas thing this year.
I do think I will bake Christmas cookies tomorrow. I bought some new cookie cutters this past summer. I also have some chocolate mold to make some candy.
Guess that's about it for now.

No comments: