View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Monday December 26 Boxing Day

Boxing Day EXCEPT they are celebrating Boxing Day on Monday -- getting as bad as the US. Boxing Day so named because the day after Christmas all the left overs from Christmas were "boxed up" and taken to the underpriviledged.
We have a busy couple of days.
Saturday morning I had one more batch of Pecan rolls (that brings my total to 60)to make and I baked 2 batches of cookies to take to John Henry for Wink & Wilma's open boat. They invited everybody in the yacht club. They had a good turn out. Paul was the bar tender and I just sort of helped around where needed. The open boat was scheduled for 1-4.
Paul & I left about 5:30, party still going strong, to come home to get ready to go Peter & Sally Sweeting's Condo. Peter & Sally are the owners of Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour. They invited us and a few other couples for cocktails in their condo then dinner at the resort restraunt. We got home about 10:30pm.
I still had to do my "farming" on Facebook -- it is awful to be so addicted but I had crops to harvest or they would wilt.
Sunday -- Merry Christmas, I was up shortly after 6:30 -yes AM, to put the 2 turkeys on to cook. I had intended to cut up my onions and celery for the dressing but somehow did not find the time so I had all that to do. I also made 2 batches of rolls.
I cooked the 20 pound turkey in my roaster and the 17 pounder in my over. I had to get the one in the oven soon enough so it would come out in time to bake the rolls. The last batch of rolls came out at 1:20 for the dinner to start at 1:30.
We were going to have the dinner on the dock here but the group got too big so we moved it to the new picnic area then the weather looked like it might rain --it did not, but we moved it into the big tent up by the restraunt. We had 33 people and LOTS of good food.
When we got home Paul opened his present and for once he loved his present. He spent a long time playing with them.
He had picked up several things for me in Costa Rica that I had admired. Don't know how he sneaked them in but I love them. 2 paintings on wood, a neat napkin holder and a little frog that make a croaking noise. He also got me some really neat wooded bowls from Iggy Biggy here in Marsh Harbour and some big spice bottles with spices. Good Christmas!!
I took a nap then spent the rest of the evening working on the mess for awhile then play on the computer, then work a little more.
I called my Mom, Janet Called, Kris & John called and I called my brother Roger. I called Becky but she was not home. I will try her again tonight.
Judie Jenkins ( Double JJ) called from Lake Worth where they are waiting on a crossing window.
Today I still had quite a mess to clean. I was going out to run but Paul said it looked like a crossing window for tomorrow. I got on my computer and checked it out also. I agreed with him so I called Judie. They had already seen the weather and were doing their last minute "stuff". I ask her to pick up 4 bags of potato chips for me -- actually for Paul. They are more than twice the cost here and it turned out Publix had then buy one get one free.
Bob Williams came by to see if we wanted to join them in Miss Rachel, their 25 footer, to go to Cracker P's for lunch. Cracker P's just opened back up for this season. It is a neat place to go. It is on Lubbers Quarters and island about 5 miles away. Brenda & Ted Baker, their daughter and son-in-law and 2 teenage grandsons also joined us. It was a fun trip.
I think I finally can see some daylight on the boat again. I am not taking down my Christmas decoration for awhile yet because that is another BIG mess.
Judie Jenkins called to say they and 2 other boats had moved to the south anchorage to be ready to leave at 4AM. There are also a couple friends planning to leave from Stuart tomorrow.
All for now. Hope you all had a good Christmas.

No comments: