View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tuesday April 27

Well the trip to Marsh Harbour was not what we had planned.
Our appointment to get hauled out was for 8:30. High tide was 7:05 so that looked good. We left Man O War a little before 7:30. Just as we came out the Man O War inlet we were hit with sustained winds in the upper 30 with gust to 45. The rain was so heavy we had trouble seeing. Paul used the chart plotter to navigate. The good part --was there a good part? -- the wind was on our nose so it was just bumpy. There were no big waves coming in the ocean inlet.
We arrived at the boat yard at 8:20. They did not answer the radio in the pouring rain --then finally they did.
We tied up to the wall until the rain let up a little then they hauled us out.
Susan came to pick me up at 10. She had to wait until they finished blocking the boat so I could get back on to get my "stuff".
I had a nice time at stitch & bitch seeing my friends. I worked on my sand dollar boxes.
The rain continued off and on-- more on than off-- all evening. The boat yard does not work during the rain so nothing was done on the boat.
I fixed spaghetti for dinner and Paul & I just relaxed for the evening.
Today the sun was out nice and bright and surprisingly the yard pretty well dried out in a short time --I think there is a lot of sand here to help absorb the water.
Paul decided "we" were going to change the bolts in our bow eye. He said they were showing some rust. We worked ALL day on them while the boat yard people sanded the bottom of the boat. We have to climb a ladder to get off and on the boat -- I am getting really experienced at climbing the ladder since my job on the bolts was outside -- of course that was better than crawling down in the hole under the bed to get to the inside of the bolts.
I fixed pizza for dinner.
Other than the ladder and the noseeums --which came out tonight with not much wind, it is not to bad living on dry land.

No comments: