View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday April 10

A front came through last night and brought much needed rain. We have been trying to water the flowers but they need a good soaking. Sounds good right? But the real reason I am glad for the rain is I can't run today. I ran twice this week. Yesterday I tried to go too far -- only as far as I used to run all the time but for the condition my condition is in it was too far, and just about did me in.


I am finally getting around to posting the pictures from out trip to Foxtown --55 people 9 cars or vans,2 flat tires but lots of fun.



This is the lady tenderizing the very fresh conch right there on the dock.



Dinner for 55 required two seatings. They said this was a record number of people for them but the cracked conch was exceptional!





The blue hole -- so beautiful


Paul at the blue hole





Last week end the people next door hosted a remote control sailboat race --complete with markers the boats had to go around. There were about 10 boats and it was fun to watch.





It is hard to believe we have been on the boat almost 8 years. Paul & I both still love living on the boat. But now that everything is almost 8 years old "things" are starting to show signs of aging, including the two old people. This time it was the fuel line connection on the dinghy. Paul took Roger & Jeanie's little boat over to the boat yard to see about a part. He had to row. Got his exercise for the day. They did not have the part so he did a temporary fix and off we went to Marsh Harbour. I took advantage of the time and did some grocery shopping and of course got my favorite Pops chicken for lunch. Turns out the Yamaha place gave Paul the wrong part and he had to go back over later in the afternoon --each time holding his breath the temporary fix was not too temporary.
Anyhow the dinghy is fixed for now and we will just wait on the next thing to go.

No comments: