View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

What a glorious Easter day. I started off the day by going to the Easter Sunrise service on the beach here at Man O War. It was a perfect sunrise setting for an Easter service. There were a few clouds which made the sunrise even more beautiful. A gentle breeze but nice and warm. One of the local churches provided a wonderful FULL buffet breakfast after the service.
Paul & I took the dinghy to Guana Cay to join the few friends left at Boat Harbour at Nippers for their Easter festivities which included an Easter egg hunt. Paul,of course, refused to take part. There were 2 "plots" layed out for kids. One for 4 and under and the other for under 10. Then the rest of the eggs were in the water and some out on the beautiful reef. The water temperature was 73 degrees and the air temp in the low 80s. There were over a hundred people snorkeling for the eggs.
Paul decided we would just take a walk on the beach. A few hundred yards down the beach, away from the swimmers the surf brought me an egg, right up on the beach. I am sure that was my reward for going to the Sunrise service. We turned the egg in and our prize was a free drink coupon. Some eggs had as much as a $100 prize but I was happy to to get an egg.
This was the best weather day we have had since I think December and we enjoyed it.
To digress a little... Last Thursday we took the dinghy to Marsh to do some shopping.
We had lunch at Pop's Chicken --one of my favorites. We had a good trip over and back
I am running low on my estrogen tablets. Now one of the nice things here is I took my empty bottle with the prescription expiration on Sept. 09 but they filled it anyhow and cheaper than in the states. I did that a few weeks ago with my cold sore medication. It had expired in 08 --no problem and again cheaper than in the US.
I am trying to get all caught up on my laundry and it is fun hanging it out on the clothes line. I love my sheets dried outside -- they smell so fresh.
Saturday we went back to Marsh Harbour to Boat Harbour to meet up with Tim & Becky on Pokey who brought our mail. Nothing much in it but we got our mail --first time in about a month.

No comments: