View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Nov 8

Roger & Jeanie came in yesterday. I invited them to have dinner with us last night. I tried to talk Paul into going out to get lobsters but he would not. I usually think of my self as a pretty decent cook. I made a roast, mashed potatoes,( Wink I am getting in practice for your arrival) gravy, cauliflower, salad and Artisan Bread -- so far so good. Then I mad a simple batch of brownies ( Jonathan I was thinking of you). After their normal cooking time they were still very runny -- no problem let them cook a little longer --5 minutes -- still very runny, check to be sure gas is still on --normal, check temperature -normal. So another 10 minutes--remember they are very runny. 10 minutes still runny -- then on comes the old light bulb(is my light bulb getting too old?) I forgot to put the eggs in. I have this nice batch of pecan brownies. I beat 2 eggs and stirred them into the batter 15 minutes later I had an "experiment". Duly warned Roger, Jeanie, Paul and I dug in-to my surprise they were fine.
I have been working on another tablecloth -- that makes number 8, everybody needs 8 tablecloths right? This is a Christmas one. I am almost done with the tablecloth and now need to make the matching napkins. With Roger & Jeanie now occupying their house I have to sew on the boat -not nearly as convenient.
I have heard from a lot of people who are waiting in West Palm for a crossing window. I don't see any very soon. I am glad we came when we did.
Time to watch the NASCAR race - at this point I just want the season to be over and hope for a MUCH better next year.
All for now.

No comments: