View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Monday, April 28, 2008

Return to Man O War

Saturday April 26
Paul started his usual "push" early Saturday morning. He is a morning person and I, obviously, am not. When we are getting ready to go some place and he has a lot on his mind he,somehow, "forgets" to be nice. One of these days he is going to find himself alone in the pilot house and me back in bed where I should not have gotten out of anyhow.
Low tide was a little after 6 AM and since we don't have a lot of water here at our wonderful dock it is prudent to wait until close to high tide to leave. I was in no big hurry.
We did make it safely off the dock at mid tide.
We got to The Conch Inn Marina about 11. The past weeks charterers had already left. I would like to have said goodbye.
Ken Fickett,the owner of Mirage,the company that built our boat and the owner of the charter boat, is here. He is staying on Gale Force, A Great Harbour N47 docked here.
We chatted for a few minutes then he left us alone to do our thing.
Later that evening he took us to dinner at Wally's, a favorite of mine.

Sunday
Paul & I both got up early, no complaints from me, to finish up Semper Fi. The people chartering this week did not show up until almost 11 then they had to do their grocery shopping. We did not have to do much training because they have chartered this boat twice before. They finally got off the dock about 1:30
Ken's brother-in-law Richard is here. Ken has a motorcycle and we loaned him our scooter so he and Richard could go to Cherokee and Little Harbour.
We were going to leave today but since it is so late we decided to stay here and watch the NASCAR race -- good thing.Our KvH is not working. Paul hooked up the cable and we watched the race. My Carl Edwards had tire problems and did not do well so this would have been a good one for me to miss.
After the race we took a walk in town.
Ken & Richard were here when we got back and we all went to Curly Tails for dinner.

Monday
I got up early, yes again, to get some laundry done before we leave. If Paul does not get our water maker working we will have very limited water until we get back to the states so I will not be doing much laundry. I wanted everything done up.
After I got a load in the washer and one in the dryer we left to go to the grocery.
Groceries are more expensive here than in the states but cheaper than the out islands.
Ken & Richard were pulling out in Gale Force when we got back.
I finished my laundry then we pulled out of our slip and on to the fuel dock so we could load the scooter. It has been off the boat since November.
I slept all the way back to Man O War. It was probably a nice trip but I missed it.
We are "home" now on our nice dock.
I have my Internet back.
I made a loaf of bread and some buns.
I fixed hamburgers & fries for dinner.
It is fun to be able to play on the Internet again.
Sorry no new pictures.

No comments: