View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Monday, April 7, 2008

April 7 2008
I guess I should digress a little here and bring things up to date.
We crossed from Lake Worth Fl to The Bahamas Nov 4. Charlie Corkum traveled with us from Green Cove Springs FL to Man O War Bahamas.
We spent 3 days helping Charlie to get settled in his house in Man O War.
We arrived at Boat Harbour Nov 10. We were one of the very early arrivals so it was great fun to greet our friends new and old as they arrived.
We had 5 Great Harbours here this year. Double JJ was the first to arrive, then Pelican, then John Henry and Sea Dee. Our Great Harbour family keeps growing.
We were very busy again this year with all our RMHYC activities. Paul with his bar tending duties and I co chaired the chili cook off and the beach party. Judy Law (Amarse) helped me with my jewelry this year and we did very well on "our" sales. I say our, Judy will not take any credit but she was a BIG help.
I did some silk paintings and my new project (learned at Stitch and Bitch), as if I needed another project, is basket making. I have made 3 beautiful baskets.
A big highlight for us was the all too short week visit of grandson John. He is 10 years old now. We had a wonderful, very full, week.
Keith and Vicki Babbert came for a week in early Feb. Ryan Dyson came for a week in mid March.
We enjoyed all of our company. Paul and Connie Murgo (The Rose) came for a visit but stayed in a rental house.
We have so many good friends here but all too fast comes the time to see everybody heading back to the states. We are about the last. Wink and Wilma (John Henry) are still here. They plan to leave next week.
We are planning to leave Boat Harbour Thursday. We will go to Man O War for a week or two then start working our way SLOWLY up the island chain and back to Florida.
Andy ( SEA DEE) helped me set this blog up before he left in early March but I am just now getting around to this. We will have only sporadic Internet until we get back to the states and then I will try to start regular post.
I will get back into the picture mode and post pictures also, but I will have to learn how.

No comments: