View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Monday, April 21, 2008

Man O War update

Friday April 18
I am back running again. I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to run again regularly. I am starting out slow. I ran a little over 2 miles today. It felt great.
Since I am sure I lost some weight we went to the Hibiscus Cafe for lunch so I could add it back on. I had my favorite the coconut conch.
We took the dinghy up to the Narrows. I walked the shore line shelling. I got a few things but nothing new or spectacular.
We were still full at dinner so I just made taco salads.
We took our conch horns to the crow's nest at sunset.


Saturday April 19
I went to run. I ran 3 miles today and felt great.
I talked with Janet, Kathy Estep, JoAnn Estep (I can't remember her married name), and Tammy Kirk. They were in West Virginia going to see Mom for her 94 birthday which is Wednesday. I know Mom will enjoy it.
Paul started the generator. It ran about 1/2 hour and died. He worked and worked trying to get it going again. He called the marina so we could go in and connect up to electric but they did not have any slips available. We called Roger & Jeanie and ask if we could hook up to the electric here at Pappy's Land. They very generously said yes and told us where to get the keys to the house so we could turn it on.
We walked up to Willard's House (the caretaker for Pappy's Land) and got the keys. Paul got us connected up to electric and the batteries are charging just fine.
John Henry met up with Semper Fi to pick up the skiff. The people chartering Semper Fi had rented it for the week and now Wink & Wilma are taking it back to the states.
John Henry, Moonbean & Salty Dawg anchored at Man Jack. They are on their was back to the states.
Gary & Ann and Lyann & Rick are the people chartering Semper Fi. We met them last year when they chartered. They are from Canada. We all went to dinner together at Hibiscus. I had a fabulous steak filet. Paul had blackened Mahi Mahi.
We had a great time. They are nice fun people.


Sunday April 20
I went to run. I ran a little over 3 miles. Felt great!
Paul & I went to Church at the New Life Bible Church. I enjoy going there and Randy is a great Minister.
Pappy's Land is on a hill and our satellite dish is blocked so I watched the NASCAR race on my computer -- just a wee bit different than our TV which will seem like a big screen after this.
Paul took me to an area that is out of the water at low tide. Tonight is the full moon so the low tide should have been very low but it wasn't. I really didn't find much.
After dinner Paul & I took our conch horns up to the crow's nest. We heard several other horns tonight. We had a beautiful evening watching the full moon come up.

No comments: