View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Man O War update

Yesterday just as I got ready to go run Paul saw the front line of a front coming so I delayed my run -- good thing I would have gotten soaked. But then the sun came out and it was another beautiful day except the winds picked up.
The Tall Ship Mystic came in the North Man O War cut and anchored not far from where we are. It had been announced on the cruisers net that she was coming in so we watched for her. I went up to the crow's nest after someone reported spotting her. I walked down to the waterfront on the outside of the harbour as she got closer and she passed about 50 yards from me. I got some beautiful pictures. I will post them.
It was my Mom's 94 birthday. I tried to call her on the satellite phone but no answer. Our Internet was out in the evening so I did not get to wish her a happy birthday. I am still trying today. I have called several times and I will try again later.

Thursday April 24
Paul decided to go for a walk today. I ran to the western end of the island while he walked. When I met up with him on the way back I walked the rest of the way with him.
We took the dinghy out to take advantage of the free tour offered on the Mystic.
She is 170 ft long, 34 feet wide and rigging 107ft. Her draft is 10 ft with the centerboard up and 18 ft with it down. She was built in Freeport FL, in the northern panhandle. She is a year and a half old. She is used for cruises here in the Bahamas and in Baltimore, MD and Mystic, CN.
We really enjoyed our tour.
We stopped at the marina to check out their library. Paul get about 6 books - I got one.

No comments: