View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Friday, April 18, 2008

Progression from Boat Harbour to Man O War

We left Boat Harbour as planned April 10 exactly 5 months after we arrived. It was a short 5 months. I don't know where the time went but we did have another wonderful winter with our RMHYC family.
We made the long trip from Boat Harbour to Matt Lowe Cay -- about 4 miles.We anchored at Matt Lowe for 2 beautiful nights. The weather was perfect. The water was very warm. We snorkeled all around with no wet suits and were very comfortable.
We did have a large ray that seemed to be around most of the time except when I finally remembered to get my camera out. We also had 2 turtles. The stars were spectacular every night. This is the kind of life that makes living on the boat so wonderful.
We took a few short dinghy trips around the area and all too soon it was time to leave.
We traveled all the way into Marsh Harbour, maybe 5 miles this time. We took a slip at The Conch Inn Marina to make it easier for the Charter transfer this week end.
We said so long to Bill and Karen Issacs who said they had a wonderful time on their charter. They are a very nice young couple.
Paul and I worked on Semper Fi
We were going to Walley's for dinner but we were too tired so we got a pizza and watched the NASCAR race.


Sunday we fueled up Semper Fi, got the Pitts off on their charter. The wind started picking up about the time they left. They were headed for Green Turtle Cay. We gave them the way points for Don't Rock Pass. They called us on the radio later and said they had a good trip.
We did a little grocery shopping then headed out after the winds had picked up more.
We made our longest trip so far since leaving Boat Harbour. We came to Man O War which is about 6 miles but plenty long with the winds about 30 knots.
We tied up at the dock at Pappy's Land. Our friends Roger and Jeanie Young have already gone back to Washington but offered their dock.
The winds picked up more. Our ananometer recored 38knots.
We took the dinghy to Corkies. Paul helped Charlie a little bit with getting ready to leave the house for the summer. We stayed for dinner. Tom & Carol Mulligan (sailing vessell Maggie) and their dog Barney also joined us.
When we got home I turned on the TV. We had free Stars Movies this week end. I rarely watch a movie but I started watching Hoax with Richard Gere. It was a good movie BUT at midnight with about 30 minutes to go in the movie the free Stars weekend ended-- so much for the movie.

Monday the winds continued to howl. Paul went to help Charlie for a while. I enjoyed reading a book and watching the fish around our boat.

Tuesday Paul went to help Charlie. I cleaned our boat and finished crocheting a rag rug I have been working on for quite awhile. It did not turn out very good and Paul thinks it is ugly so I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I made it for the bathroom -- who knows where it will end up?
It was chilly so I baked to warm up the boat. I made bread and cookies.
In the late afternoon we moved the boat to Charlie's dock. Charlie grilled steaaks for supper. I fixed rice and salad.
The wind continued to howl all night.


Wednesday I fixed french toast with the bread I made yesterday. Charlie & Judy came for breakfast so they would not have more work to get ready to go.
We left their dock about 10 am. The wind was STILL blowing. The trip to Boat Harbour was pretty bouncy.
We called Jeff our favorite taxi driver. He picked up Judy, Charlie and Stormy to take them to the airport.
WInk, Wilma, Sara, Paul & I walked to Matilda's Snack Shack. Betty & Klause walked over from Mangoes Marina. We all had Matildda's hamburgers. Wink says they are the very best hamburgers.
I played on the Internet when we got back to Boat Harbour.
We went to John Henry to visit with Wink & Wilma a little longer then finally headed back to Man O War and Pappy's Land. We need to come in here at high tide because the water is pretty shallow here. The wind had died a very little, it was still a pretty bumpy trip.
Pat & Pat from Salty Dawg who are on Charlies mooring came over to invite us for a happy hour. Tom and Carol (Maggie) are on the mooring next to them so they invited them also. We had a nice visit.
It was late when we got home so we just finshed up our left over pizza also we had snacked a lot at the happy hour.


Thursday
We took a trip into "town". We went to Joe's Studio, one of my favorite little shops.
We went to the marina and I signed up to get Internet for one week -- so I could update my blog. We walked up the hill to see Paula & Randy Crowe, the Minister and his wife from the New Life Bible Church. They have been working on restoring a cute little cottage next to the church that they are going to use for visiting Missionaries. It is very nice. If I came to visit I think they would have a hard time getting rid of me.
We took a walk on the beach. The wind is finally calming down but the waves were still pretty high. It is still so beautiful. The fishing tournaments have started and even with the rough waters the sport fishing boats were out there.
After dinner we walked up to the crow's nest here at Pappy's Land to watch the beautiful sunset.
We played our after dinner card game then I played on the Internet.

No comments: