View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday February 1

Yesterday I was going to sleep in a little bit but Paul decided he wanted to go on the morning walk which the group does not do on Sunday. So we headed out. Doug from Happy Clamz, who is an exercise fanatic, was up by the office at 8:30 the usual starting time on the days we do go walking so the 3 of us started off. Doug walks a fast pace and Paul does a good job of keeping up with him SOOOO I had to walk run to keep up with them. We got just past the ferry dock --little over a mile and it started to pour I mean buckets. We ducked in under a sheltered area of a house for about 15 minutes then hurried back home in the lighter rain. By the time we got home -- now remember this was NOT my idea,The temperature had really dropped, I was wet, cold and wished I had stayed in bed. BUT I sure did not want to get back in bed because we left the hatch open over our bed when we left. I cannot believe that not a one of the three of us even looked at the sky to see this mess coming.
Living on a boat even plugged into shore power one must be aware of power use and need to share the use of power. What that means is we cannot run the hot water heater needed to get some hot water for my much needed shower AND the dryer to dry the bed clothes clear down to the mattress AND the hairdryer needed to dry the mattress so by noon we pretty well had things dried out. The temperature was in the low 70s but felt much colder.
I had planned to clean the boat up a little because Paul & Connie Murgo arrived at 1:30. They are staying at Regattas but coming over here to visit with their friends.
Wilma asked me to make a loaf of bread because she had company coming. I made 2 loaves since I invited Paul & Connie for dinner here. I didn't get much cleaning done EXCEPT our bed is nice and clean and DRY!
Wilma's company did not show up, their plane was delayed.
We were all going to the happy hour on dock 5 so Paul & Connie could see more people but with the rain & cold the happy hour was cancelled.
We had a few people come here to our boat to visit with them.
Actually I was glad we had more quality time with them. We had a nice dinner and a great visit.
Paul & Connie came over this morning then Jonathan & Judie ( Double JJ), Paul & Connie and I went to Jamies for lunch. Paul opted to stay home. He went to Yoga but Yoga was cancelled because it was still very windy and cold at the tiki hut where they have Yoga. I say cold -- the thermometer said 72 but with the wind and dampness in the air it felt much colder.
This evening Connie cooked dinner at the condo for the 6 of us. It was sure great to have such good friends together again.
It rained really hard while we were eating but had slowed down to a drizzle by the time we headed back home.
Time to go get in my nice warm dry bed.

No comments: