View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Labour Day

That is not a typo today is Labour Day in the Bahamas. Many stores are closed. That makes 2 holidays this week. We celebrated Whit Monday this past Monday. Many places were closed also.
Last week we took Odyssey to Marsh Harbour to pick up the scooter. We went on Wednesday so I could go to Ladies Lunch. There were only 4 of us at Ladies Lunch but I had a good time. We also decided to go to the art show at Winding Bay on Friday. Martha Applebee is a member so we decided to go for lunch. So on Friday (one week ago) Paul took me back to Marsh Harbour in the dinghy. Several more ladies joined us for the trip to Winding Bay. We had a great lunch. The art show was small but I particularly enjoyed seeing the work Of Ray Adams. He is a member of the Yacht Club and also goes to the Kirk Of the Pines Church where I go in Marsh Harbour. He is a fantastic artist and I really like his work. He and Dick Cuneen (from the Boat Raggedy Ann that was docked next to us all winter) flew over from Florida for the show. We had a nice visit. The ladies dropped me off at the Conch Inn Marina where Paul was waiting for me to come back home.
It is still raining everyday so I am getting a lot of sewing done. I made 2 tablecloths with napkins to match. I think they are very pretty.
Paul was able to work on the scooter and, thank goodness, it was just a broken wire so we have a scooter again -- we will not use it until we get back to the states now but it now does not have to be at the top of the replacement list- Paul's computer, the one we use for navigation has that distinction. He is using my old computer for Weather Works, our satellite weather program, but does not want to load the charts in it because we can only reload them once. We will travel back to Fl using way points.
Jeff Key, our favorite taxi driver from Marsh Harbour lives here on Man O War so we invited him for dinner last night. It is such fun talking to someone who has lived here all his life. I enjoy the "stories" of the real Bahamas.
Time to go get some more sewing done-- I am just a regular " Susie Homemaker".

My "pet" barracuda. I can take them this size. He is here every day.


A real "ham" posing for pictures. The fur on top is disappearing. I did not take nearly as many pictures this time--maybe only 50.


He (or she) let me get real close


Chasing a bug on the dock

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a female green heron. Nice shots. Erik at notesfromtheroad.com/guana.htm