View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday February 15


Wow, it has been over a week since I last posted. A week but a very busy week.
I know I am going to miss some things in this post but here goes.
Last week end NASCAR season started with the Bud Shoot out. I made time to see the NASCAR races.
Sherry and Fred, Chipka Fire, hosted a noontime happy hour for dock 4 -- picture above. We had so much GREAT food. Sherry did a fantastic job organizing "her happy hour party". Everybody had a great time.
Tuesday was the Yacht club annual meeting. Wilma was elected Secretary and I am the new social chairman -- it is going to be an interesting year.
Margo Caldy came to our boat and did our 2009 Coast Guard Inspection. We like to have our current sticker when we head back to the states.
I worked very hard all week getting jewelry ready for Man O War flea market but first the BIG Commodores Ball. The theme was Mardis Gras. It was a fabulous party.
I will be posting some pictures.
The food was great, the costumes were great and then the dancing. Paul did dance some then headed home at 9 pm. I think he is afraid he might be Cinderfeller or someting and turn into a pumpkin. I stayed another hour and danced my legs off. I had a ball at the ball.
Saturday morning Odyssey was off the dock at 6:32 AM ( the reason for Cinderfeller coming home early). Judy, Amarse, was with us. We went to Charlie's dock.
After we put the dinghy down Judy & I loaded our precious jewels into the dinghy then off to the flea market.
The crowds arrived before Judy & I had a chance to get set up but we worked away and I thought our table looked great. Obviously other people did also because we did real well. We were concerned with everything else down with the economy our business would be also but we did better than last year.
Paul & Fred, Amarse, moved Odyssey from Charlies dock to Pappy's Lands dock at high tide. It was low tide we we arrived at Man O War.
Paul, Jeanie,& I had dinner from the place that replaced Hibiscus Cafe. Paul & Jeanie had ribs and I had the barbecued chicken-- great food.
Charlie & Judy Corkum hosted a big Sunday brunch with lots of great food. We met several new, very nice, people.
We were going to stay at Pappy's Land for several days but a bad cold front is predicated for tomorrow so we brought Odyssey back to Boat Harbour.
We missed a Shade Mor trip to Nippers-- we will try not to miss the next one.
We watched the Daytona 500 -- not a very good race -- hope for better luck next week.

No comments: