View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Monday February 23

Friday -- Wilma's son Bill is here to visit for a few days. He ran with me to the end of Eastern Shore then he walked back with the walkers. He said I was not very fast but went on and on like the Energizer Bunny.
The resort had a Managers Cocktail party/happy hour. Paul did not go but I did and enjoyed the free conch fritters.
A large group from dock 4 went to Junior Junkanoo. Paul took me in on the scooter but he came back home-- after he stopped to pick up a pizza. I was disappointed. There were 2 small rushes. The costumes were not much and would have been less without the mask the Yacht club collected after the Commodores Ball then donated to the kids. Fred recognized his mask. I saw a couple of green ones but don't know if one was mine or not.
Saturday I ran by myself.
I had told Wilma about baking an Angel food cake on Tuesday and since it was her son Bill's birthday she ask me to bake 2 angel food cakes-- actually 4 loafs. Wilma got strawberries and made whipped topping. We had a dock 4 happy hour and served the cake.
After Happy hour many of us-- not Paul, walked downtown for the Senior Junkanoo. It started about 9pm. There were 5 rushes. The first 2 were small but better than last night. Wilma and several others left before the next 3 -- there was a long break between rushes. Paul showed up to watch one-- thank goodness he picked the time for a good one. The last 3 were worth the wait -- the last one was The Spring City Rockers and they were fantastic as were their costumes. I will post some pictures when I get them from Fred.
We only stayed through the first set of rushes -- all the rushes go one way then it is like it starts over again and they rush back the other way. It was after midnight when we got home. Howard, the assistant dock master here said he left at 4AM and it was not over yet.
Sunday I did sleep in then went out to run.I roasted a turkey and invited Judy & Fred for dinner. Late afternoon Betty & David on Tar Heel came back in. They had left to go south but their inverter broke so they came back. I knew they were feeling bad so I invited them for dinner also. I made turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, salad and rolls. I made fruit jello for dessert and served it with ginger snaps. Betty said it was great comfort food.
We watched the NASCAR race during and after dinner. I informed everybody that was a provision for coming for dinner.
Today I went to run as soon as the morning meeting was over. I took a quick shower then Paul took me to Stitch & Bitch. I was going to work on my apron but Sherry was there to give us a water color lesson. I made 2 bookmarks. After Sherry left I worked on my apron some more.
We had left overs for dinner.

No comments: