View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday May 8

Thursday we took the dinghy to Marsh Harbour. Paul wanted to walk to the boat yard to check out a paint job they were doing. We walked all the way out and back 2 miles each way-- and the paint job was not even started. They were just doing the sanding & primer. So all was for not --maybe not-- we did get some much needed exercise --except I can run 4 miles easier than walk them.
We had Pops chicken for lunch and did some grocery shopping.
The trip over and back was great. I enjoy a nice dinghy trip.
After we got home and put the groceries away we went snorkeling off the back of Dickeys Cay. Lots of beautiful fish. The water temp was 79--very comfortable.
I fixed pizza for dinner.
Yesterday I went to run --first time in awhile but it went well and I felt good about it.
A 42 Bertrum Sport Fishing Boat tried to go out the north end of Man O War less than 2 hours after low tide. We do not do that with our shallow draft. Sure enough he went aground an about the same time our electric went off. Turns out he wrapped the electric cable ( The BIG one that bring the power to the island) around his prop.
Donna & Jimmie( SV Christian) called and ask if we wanted to go snorkeling at Fowl Cay. We had just finished lunch so Paul said no but I said yes I wanted to go.
They came by to pick me up and as we left the channel -- 2 hours after the boat went aground - he was still there in the channel.
We had a great time at Fowl Cay. Lots and Lots of beautiful fish, coral and sea life. I loved it. The water temp was great.
The boat was gone from the channel when we got back and the electric was back on.
Donna & me






the reef





Today we took the dinghy to Marsh Harbour to watch Giavanna in the sailing Regatta. I got lots of pictures and will post some after I download them.
We did not really understand what was going on but we enjoyed them any how.

Time to go snorkeling!!!

No comments: