View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

part 2 our trip to Costa Rica

Iam getting tired again so I will try part 3 tomorrow night
I could not figure out how to rotate this picture so turn your head sideways.
Paul was trying to figure out how he could bring this "anchor" home.




This is one of the several pretty little islands we passed on our ferry trip





Paul & Susan on the ferry ride from Puntarenas across the Gulfo de Nicoya to the Peninsula De Nicoya




These are pictures of the Tambor Tropical resort







I found another beautiful pool at Tropical Tambor



Paul found "his place" a hammock on the beach at Tambor.
Tambor was probably the prettiest beach we saw.


Paul & Me at the Bare Bones Inn in Tampor -- looked like a Biker bar without the bikers.



Biscuit was there to greet us all the time. He went to the beach with me. sat by the pool while I swam and sat at our feet during dinner.


Our first stop after we left our condo was at Junaquillal where Susan owns property.
We stayed at Iguanazul Beach Resort. This was the view of the walk down to the beach where I spent many but not enough hours.I did got go far in the water because I was by myself --except for Biscuit. He went with me everyday.




The pool at Iguanazul




Paul coming out of our room at Iguanazul



We were just head out of the town of Junquillal just as this guy was brining his herd into town.



We saw many animals along the road.








After we left Tamarindo we drove along the coast line. Susan looked a a couple of condos. We started looking for a place to stay. We drove up a dirt road and all of a sudden here was Hotel complex. Just our of curiosity we stopped to see it. When we inquired about the rates we could not believe our luck $65 for 3 people - this included a full cooked to order breakfast. As it turned out we were the only people in the complex.We enjoyed a wonderful dinner-- very inexpensive including the most wonderful --what I called a fancy rice pudding. I fell in love with the chef and wanted to bring him home with me. I had a hard time getting out of this pool. The next morning Susan & I each had a Bamboo massage WOW. $40 for an hour and 15 minutes and it included aroma and music therapy.
We also stayed for lunch. I had the most fantastic lobster and rice dish.
I wanted to spend the rest of our week there but we had to move on.




We found this bus -- Paul never forgets his "roots". The name on the side of the bus was Isla de Gulligan










We stopped several times just to enjoy the view



Paul hanging on a fence post.









We were driving down the road and saw one then 2 then more and more, probably a least a dozen of these Pizotes. I got out to take a picture and they come running to the car to beg. I got back in the car in a hurry. Susan got out and took more pictures -- our last pictures -- the camera was full.

1 comment:

MikeJohnBrennan said...

It seems like that was a great trip! Your pictures are outstanding!