View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wednesday April 8

It has been a hectic few weeks since I last posted. I know I will forget a lot but I will try to bring this up to date. I will have to work on some pictures later.
We had our last Yacht Club social, a beach party. I think everybody had lots of fun -- I sure did. We had beach skiing, which my team did lousy, identify the legs was a real hoot, the limbo contest which I quit after just a couple of passes under a fairly high bar -- I'm too old for that and my back just doesn't bend that far. We had a conch horn blowing contest. Now I am only in my second year of blowing so I am not that good but my conch sure was. I didn't win but Paul used my conch and won for the longest blow and another fellow borrowed it and won for the loudest so my horn has real potential.
We had our second charter. Real nice people from Philadelphia. Things went very well considering they had lousy weather. Our third charter is out now -- another very nice couple and their 2 children. We have been really lucky with the people we have had. Mirage does a good job of screening them.
Last Thursday we left Boat Harbour for Man O War. Our almost 5 months at Boat Harbour really flew. Most of our friends have already left. Fred & Judy are back in the US. Wink and Wilma are leaving this weekend but they plan a slow trip back to the US. We only have one more charter - next week so we will stay as long as we want then slowly head back. We still have no plans, some ideas but not real plans for the summer
We are now docked at Pappy's Land,( see pictures on previous post) the home of our friends Roger & Jeanie Young.
Roger & Jeanie have already gone back to Anacortes Washington for the summer but do let us use their dock. This is our 3rd year here and we both really love it. After a hectic 5 months at Boat Harbour Paul and I are both ready for some peace and quiet.
We love going up to the crow's nest to watch the sunset. I love running here-- actually we are on Dickie's Cay so Paul takes me in the dinghy every morning to the main island to run.
Last weekend was the first Man O War Heritage Day. Wink and Wilma came over and we attended the morning session. The food line was really long and the friend chicken was gone by the time I got to the head of the line -- the barbecued chicken was good but I had a taste for fried. We did not go to the new museum but I will get to do that while we are here.
My fancy Internet range extender that Paul bought especially for here does not pull in anything I can connect to so I signed up for a month from Man O War Marina--$40. There is no break for longer periods so I will just do one month at a time since we hopefully will do some cruising in this area.
Right now our BIG project is cleaning the boat. I have worked so hard on the charter boat and feel bad every time I come home and look at poor neglected Odyssey. I have been working on the aft cockpit for 2 days.
I love to hang my laundry outside on the clothes line and I get to do that here. I know it is more work but I love the way the clothes smell.
I know I left out a lot because we were so busy the last few weeks at Boat Harbour but this catches me up and hopefully I will post more frequently.

No comments: