View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday April 28

Just a little update.
We are still at Pappy's Land in Man O War and loving it.
We heard from the big group that crossed back to the US last Thursday. They had an OK crossing. I think there are 2 boats from this past season left in Boat Harbour.
I have been running almost every day and enjoying it.
I had lunch at Hibiscus Cafe. Neil is back cooking again and it was wonderful-- except I brought home enough for 2 more meals and a BIG piece of strawberry banana Tort -- fabulous.
Last Thursday was my Mom's 95 birthday. I called her on SKYPE and The satellite phone and both calls had poor connections but I did get to say Happy Birthday. Janet & Ken went to visit her. I called while they were there.
Paul spent 2 days scraping the props. He used the Hooka and was down over an hour both times. They were really crusty.
I went shelling yesterday. It was a very low tide and I found more sand dollars than I have ever found -- my bucket, dag gum I took a small bucket, was full and there were still more left. I also found 16 little sea biscuits -- I passed by the big ones because I have so many. I use the little ones to decorate my sand dollars.
The wind has been blowing 20-30 Knots with higher gust for over a week but the temperatures have been nice and warm and the wind cools things down for good sleeping.
I cut some palm leaves and made a basket -- Paul said it probably would not pass for even a good children's basket but I had fun.
I am posting some pictures I copied from Fred's (Amarse) blog.
Paul is going to Marsh Harbour tomorrow in the dinghy. I decided not to go since the winds are still blowing 20k. He will not take the big boat -- so he can bounce himself around -- not me. He wants to check the charter boats and run some errands. He can probably save enough on groceries to pay for the fuel. Everything here cost a little more than in Marsh Harbour.
We are planning to leave here Thursday -- in the big boat-- to go to Green Turtle Cay Heritage Festival. Our friend Jim Jerele is coming from Columbus Ohio. His great Grandfather was born in Green Turtle. Jim has other family coming also.
I guess that's about it for now.

No comments: