View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday March 15

Wow I have really slipped behind but I have been so busy. I am just going to give the highlights.
This evening we saw a spectacular shuttle launch. It was great to see. Last week there was a rocket launch and we had a good view of it. Tonight's launch was at 7:43 so many people were out to see it. Last week the rocket launch was not until nearly 10 PM so many boaters were already in bed -- tonight's was so much more spectacular.
Last night was the Pathfinders Auction for scholarships for young people here in Abaco. I didn't buy anything this year but it was fun to visit with a lot of friends. Some of our friends from Man O War were there. I told them we would be over there in about 2 weeks.
I started working on my taxes, I know Jerry you like to have them by March 1 and I am behind but I am working on them.
Friday we had a Beadkiving, I guess you call it experience. It was a group of women telling experiences of their boating life then share a bead with the other women depicting their experience. At the end we each took the beads we had collected and made something out of it. I made a necklace that is now very special to me.
Last Wednesday Paul and I went with Susan (Susan's Cove) and her friend Bob in Susan's car to Little Harbour, Pete's Pub and Cherokee. I took some pictures of Paul & Susan walking in the longest bridge in the Bahamas. It is 770 feet long. We stopped at a vegetable farm that I did not know existed. Bob bought some vegetables. We also rode through a new development of Bahamas government sponsored houses being built in Spring City. It was very interesting. They are very nice houses.
Last Tuesday was our BIG Pirates party with the Yacht Club. Wilma found a dress Sherry had loaned to her but she was not going to wear it so I wore it. I will post pictures when I get some from Fred. I made some "special" jewelry to wear. Judy (Amarse) had picked up some skull beads in Peru last summer and shared them with some of us.
Last Monday at Stitch & Bitch I finished my special apron -- although I may take it back tomorrow to add a title to the top of it. When I get that on it I will take a picture and post it. I think it looks very nice.
Our first charter was out week before last. They had lousy weather but still seemed to have a good time. We had them for dinner the night they came back in. Tony & Nancy were nice people and we hope to meet up with them again.
More boats are leaving every week -- it is that time of year. We hope many of them come back next year -- we hope we can make it again next year. We have had some sad happy hours to to wish them happy cruising and a good trip back to the states.

No comments: