View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Monday March 2

Pictures from the talent show at the resort. Paul did not come to "support" me in my BIG debut as Sue Ellen McCoy McCoy McCoy, twice divorced, member of the McCoys from West By God Virginny. I made special jewelry for the show, a 5 inch bolt on a dog chain
and earrings made with 2 different size nuts. Paul was very concerned about getting his stainless steel back. The pink curler holding my hibiscus is not seen well. Thankfully the 2 blackened teeth and freckles washed off easily.
Our song was Good Old Mountain Dew.





I can't believe it has been a whole week since I posted but it has been such a busy week.
Last Tuesday I went to Orinoco for a jewelry making session. We are going to try to have this as a regular Tuesday afternoon "thing".
Wednesday I had a RMHYC board meeting. I am the Social Chairman. I have already been working hard getting the socials for the rest of this year organized and getting the chairman for next years socials lined up.



Mirage showed up on Wednesday with the N37 and N47 that will be in charter here for the next 5 months. Paul & I are doing the turn arounds. George Sass was with them. He is writing an article for the May issue of Motor Boating. We are going to be featured in the article. George did an interview with us and took some pictures.
He also interviewed Wink & Wilma who will be featured along with us.
I went to LoQueSeA for a rehersal for "our song" for the talent show at the resort tomorrow night.
Ken Fickett, Owner of Mirage took all of us to The Jib Room for rib night. There were 11 of us.
I spent most of Thursday going through a couple thousand pictures trying to pick out a few for George to use in his article. It was fun looking back at old pictures -- I cannot believe how much Paul & I have "aged" in the 6+ years we have been on the boat. I thought all that slowed down when we moved on the boat.
I cannot understand why Paul did not want to go to the talent show to watch me "sing". The pictures are at the beginning of this post.
Paul & I went to Walley's for lunch with Roger & Jeanie Young. Roger got back from Washington last week.
Ken and his crew left on Friday. Eric Kraft, the head of sales at Mirage, and his wife Cinda are staying on Spoonbill, the brand new N47, for another week.
Paul & I started our clean up on Semper Fi. We came home a little after 5 to attend a happy hour on dock 3. We went back to the Conch Inn Marina after supper to work a little longer on Semper Fi.
We got up Saturday morning to go finish getting Semper Fi ready for the first charter. Tony and Nancy Adams from Missouri are coming in this afternoon. Usually charters don't start until Sunday.
Paul & were both tired when we got home Saturday night.
We were up early Sunday then off to Semper Fi to do the official check in. A cold front is predicted to come through the Abacos today but the wind picked up early. After talking with Tony & Nancy I called Sea Spray to make reservations for them for a couple of days. They said their trip over was a little bumpy and a little dicey docking but OK. We talked to them shortly after they got to Sea Spray and have not heard from them since. We will try to call them tomorrow.
Today I went to Stitch & Bitch. I worked some more on my apron. I should be able to finish it next week.
Guess that about catches us up.

No comments: