View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tuesday Oct 26

We left Brunswick GA on Monday Oct 18 --only 3 days later than we had planned but I think this is about the same date as last year. Our Buddy Boat is Premium Time with Karen & David Trauger.
Karen is a really neat person and I know we are going to have lots of fun together.
We only went to Fort George the first night. We had a nice anchorage UNTIL the no seeums chased us all in doors. But we were all tired from all the last minute hassle of getting ready to leave. Last minute --not because we didn't have almost 4 months to get everything done but because we waited until the last minute to do so much. Paul was the worst and he was exhausted. He was in high gear all day Sunday and even missed a wonderful dinner with friends at Longhorn Steakhouse. I had a great time.
Tuesday we cruised on to Fort Mantanzas just below St Augustine--The picture below is Premium Time going through St Augustine. It is such a beautiful city.
Karen put her dinghy down and she and I went to the beach. Paul & I have anchored there many times. We have gone swimming there several times and Paul usually takes advantage of the clear water to check the props and the bottom -- sometimes it is a little hard to do because there is a swift current. But I have never been to the beach there and it was beautiful and I loved every minute.
I invited them for dinner --taco salads.
Wednesday Paul decided to come down with a cold. Don't know where he got it. He said it was because he got over tired on Sunday. I did not say if he had gotten it in gear weeks earlier that would not have happened but I hate the fact that he picked up the cold and then gave it to me. By Saturday I was miserable right along with him.
We ate so much chicken soup I don't want to hear the word chicken soup. We are both feeling better now but I am stuck with a cough as usual.
After Fort Mantanzas we had a nice Cruise through Daytona Beach. Paul and I have so many great memories of our motor-cycle days there.
We anchored in Mosquito Lagoon. Our 18X50 binoculars allowed me to see the space shuttle on the launch pad. It is to be launched next week. It is a daytime launch which we are not able to see well in the Bahamas --now I am thinking we may still be here and see it very well. Guess there has to be a plus side to waiting.
At Peck Lake Karen put her dinghy down and again we went to a beautiful beach and I shelled to my hearts content --even though I did not feel good I had a good time.
I think this about catches us up -- Oh no I forgot to say Margo & Dennis, boater friends from the Yacht club, have a home here in North Palm--actually their condo overlooks the anchorage where we are. Margo took Karen and me shopping then we picked up the guys and all went to my favorite Five Guys Burgers and Fries -- that is after the guys made their second trip to West Marine



Paul really misses riding his scooter. He put over 2500 miles on it in a little over 3 months. This scooter will be great for us to go longer distances in the Bahamas and much more comfortably. Also next summer we hope to go to the Eastern shore of Maryland and we can do a lot of sight seeing with it there.



This was our view at the anchorage at Hole in The Wall, just north of Vero Beach.
On our left we had a gorgeous sunset, in front of us Premium Time and on our right was the beautiful full moon. To top it all off we had several Manatees --perfect evening --perfect anchorage


Premium Time anchored in front of us


Hope these come out the way I am trying to do this


I am having an awful time getting the pictures in this

No comments: