View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Catch up time

Here goes with the catch up. I will not make this long and drawn out.
I left off with my first trip to OH/WV. My sister Becky and her husband John came from Texas to my brothers house in Wheeling while I was there. We had some real quality time as a family. We saw a big difference in our 96 year young Mother just having us around. She really perked up and seemed happy to have us.
Daughter-in-law Kris and Grandson John also came to Wheeling. John is bigger than me-- taller not bigger.
For all my trips I have to say how very lucky I am to have such a VERY special daughter to cart me around, loan me her car, give me a place to stay in Columbus and on top of all that arranged a massage with her excellent masseuse.
I spent a week in Columbus before I went back to Brunswick and got to catch up with friends there --Great time!
I was gone 3 weeks. Paul did miss me because he had a dozen yellow roses waiting for me maybe I need to go away more often -- I tried it again in Sept -- no roses. I was only gone a week-- maybe that was not long enough.
My trip back to OH/WV in Sept was to attend my High school all class reunion. Don't know where all those old people came from. Good time. Saw people I have not seen since High School.
Paul & I made a trip to North Carolina. Good friends gave us the loan of their Mercedes --we go in style. We had a wonderful visit with Paul,s Mom and sister Carolyn. We went to Durham to see nephew Brad and wife D.D. and their beautiful new baby girl Brynn. I have never seen so much hair on a baby.
So what did Paul do while I was gone. Besides partying, he replaced ALL of our batteries --guess I should have gone to work while I was in OH. He did a bunch of "stuff" in the engine room. He also found time to put 2500 miles on the new scooter. Speaking of which, I was REALLY nervous putting it on the boat for the first time. All went well but I am a lot more nervous with this one than the other one. It weighs a lot more. I was so afraid it would not fit but Paul kept assuring me it would and it does. It only seems to take up a little more room than the other one. We will be able to take a lot longer trips in the Bahamas and a lot more comfortably.
I have hated the carpeting we had put in 2 years ago ever since we got it so we finally had it replaced and I love the new carpeting.
I watched the buy one get one free ads from the grocery stores in Brunswick and had about 3/4 of my provisioning done by Oct 1. I spent the last 2 weeks finishing up. Shopping is not the hard part --finding a place to put 8 months provisioning is. We did buy another freezer. I bought 25 pounds of shrimp from the shrimp boat when it came in --Big shrimp $4/pound.
We were gearing for an Oct 15 departure from Brunswick. We left on Oct 18 --not bad.
When we filled up the fuel tank it took 322 gallons. We had not filled up since last Oct when we took 311 gallons for the year. Not to bad.
Karen & David Trauger on their Great Harbour Premium Time (Insurance agent) are traveling with us to The Bahamas. Karen is a neat person and we are and will have a lot of fun together. Bad thing -- she is an excellent cook and like to feed us.
I will post this then go to Pictures.

No comments: