View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Last Internet for awhile

Friday May 2
Today will probably be my last Internet for awhile. We were headed for Green Turtle for the Island Roots Festival but the wind is still pretty strong for a passage to Green Turtle. Guess we will have to wait until next year.
The wind is supposed to die down Monday so hopefully we can do some exploring.
We had fish sandwiches from Hibiscus Cafe for dinner. I have been doing the commercial announcements on the Cruisers Net for Hibiscus so Neil, the owner, put a piece of Strawberry Tort and Oreo Delight in with our order. The strawberry tort is 6 layers of heaven. I was only going to eat part of it and save some until tomorrow but my will power went out the door. Tomorrow I will have to extend my run.
Paul has been working on the scooter. He has been to the hardware store here twice now he needs some part that he thinks he can get in Marsh Harbour so he is going to run over there in the dinghy tomorrow. With 20+ knot winds I think I will do better running than going with him.
A gentleman that I have talked to several times around the island stopped me today when I was running and said if I wanted some tomatoes to come by his house. Paul & I went this afternoon. He had a yard full of cherry tomatoes. He also gave us a half dozen large ones and a half dozen bananas. The cherry tomatoes are so sweet and there is nothing to compare to homegrown bananas.-- We still don't know the guys name.
We will have another day of "low tide entertainment" here at Pappy's Land.
There is a shallow area in the North entrance to Man O War which is just north of where we are. Almost everyday at least one boat goes aground. Today we had 2. They are usually small rental boats. It is interesting to watch to see how long it takes them to realize all they have to do is get out in 1 foot of water and give the boat a push.
Our KvH is not working so I had to follow the NASCAR race on the Internet -- not quite the same as watching it.
I'll write again when I have Internet.

No comments: