View off the back of our boat

View off the back of our boat
Boat Harbour

View from our boat

View from our boat
WOW

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday July 11

I suppose you guessed by now that darn farm has taken over my life again. I need to go to the Betty Ford Clinic for Farmville addiction.
I am going to Ohio/West Virginia on Thursday for 2 weeks and I am not taking my computer so I will see what it is like to go cold turkey. I guess it is a good thing I never did smoke or drink because I sure am prone for addiction.
Anyhow enough whining --somebody is going to start offering me cheese with my whine.
We got to Brunswick 2 weeks ago.Can't say I am glad to be here by it will do. This is a nice marina, very clean, free washers & dryers - the extra large size so I can get all my comforters washed, the monthly rate is reasonable and now that we have transportation - I'll get to that- almost everything shopping wise is easily accessable.
Our friends Fred & Judy from Amarse are -- no were here. They left last week to help a friend move his boat from Ft Myers FL to Texas --past all that mess in the Gulf and being very watchful of possible hurricanes.
When we got here Judy helped me get all caught up on my shopping. We did the grocery stores. That is always "an experience" after limited shopping for 8 months. Paul & I went to the grocery the other day and found they were out of the small bottles of milk I like to get -- we laughed and said the boat must not have come in. That is the way it is in the Bahamas. You don't even bother to go shopping the day or so before the boat comes in.
Belk had a big sale --seems like we just timed it right for that sale last year. Judy & I had a fun afternnon resupplying our wardrobes. I was not going to buy the next size clothes - I was going to loose weight BUT when they were on sale at a very good price it was too hard to resist.
We went to lunch at the Chinese restraunt at the mall. A great girls day out.
Another day we went to Michaels and then my favorite Five Guys Burgers & Fries.
Paul & I had decided to look for a good used car to have for the summer. We were both disappointed when we just missed the perfect car so Paul started looking at scooters.
Ours died this spring and this time he could not reserect it.
We rented a car and went to Jacksonville to look at some he found online. He decided he did not want another elcheapo that he had to work on every other day and found almost impossible to get parts for. We were going to have to buy a new one anyhow.
We bought a 499cc Yamaha. It is a beauty. We could have bought several nice cars for the price but we could not take the cars to the Bahamas on the boat. The book says this one will do 120mph. I told Paul "not with me on it".
Firends took Paul back to Jacksonville last Tuesday to pick it up. We have been taking rides everyday to break it in. Can't go over 4000rpms until we get 600 miles on it. I do enjoy riding on it. It reminds me of our motorcycle days. This one is big enough we can make trips to the ends of Abaco. We want to go to Foxtown to see our friends. That is about 50 miles -no problem.
There are several yacht club memebers here also so we have had several cook outs. Also the marina had a July 4th cook out. They supplied t-bone steaks and watermelon.
I leave Thursday for my trip north. My sister Becky is suppose to arrive today from Texas at my brother Roger's house in WV. She is staying 2 weeks so we should have a good time. I am flying into Columbus and Janet is going to give me a car. Kris & John will come down from Pittsburgh to Roger's in Wheeling. Becky & I will probably go see Mom almost every day. We know since Mom is 96 our visiting days are limited.
I probably won't post again until I get back.

No comments: